Tuesday, October 4, 2016


Photo Credit: lyshastra.deviantart.com

Picturesque, something that could only be artistically created or viewed from the window of a space  shuttle. These thoughts and more cross my mind when I view this artistic rendition of a galaxy.  Art comes in many different forms to appeal to our uniqueness as an individual, as well as our keen bodily senses. From the visual masterpiece of The Starry Night by Van Gogh, to the hottest trends of clothing we feel on our bodies, to the aromas we smell wafting in the kitchen, to hearing that one song on the radio that is your jam, art truly does take many forms.

When I look at this image of a galaxy, I see more than a visually appealing image. I see a soothing genre of EDM otherwise known as trance, which I frequently play when studying or before I go to bed. Yes, there are in fact more relaxed, chill forms of EDM. However, I am also able to view this image and its pertinence to EDM another way. One's content with listening to music in the car or at home on a laptop, but a live performance is something truly special. Performances put much more time and commitment on creating a visually appealing set, than the music itself. Hundreds of personal put all this time and effort into creating something so mind-blowing and right on tune with the music. I've seen some out of this world light shows and artistic sets that could be assimilated to a galaxy in outer space. Art that is not only appealing to ones' hearing, but also appealing to the eye to see.

2 comments:

  1. Huge fan of the EDM scene - what is your favorite show that you have attended? I could sit and talk about fests all day! I do have a slight recommendation for you though, as I'm sure it's strategic with the theme of EDM, the neon green on that pink is incredibly straining on the eyes. Maybe it's just me, but is something to consider. Can't wait to splurge on fest talk with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made the pink darker, I hope that makes it easier. That's a tough one! I would have to say Paradiso has been my favorite so far. It's located in Washington out in the middle of nowhere, with the festival located on a giant hill overlooking a beautiful gorge. EDC Chicago is a close second the one year they had it in Chicago. The lineup was just insane. I hope to get to EDC Las Vegas soon. How about you?

    ReplyDelete